Introduction: Make Basic Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera for Cheap ! Convert Any Camera Into Infrared Thermal Camera
How To Convert Any Camera Into Infrared Thermal Camera Very Cheap But Useful Hack . Every Camera Sensor Has Ability To See Infrared i.e. Thermal Part of The Light But The Infrared Blocking Filter Inside Digital Camera's Protects The CCD Sensor From Burning With High Energy Infrared Light Such as Sunlight .
Now , If We Remove The Blocking Infrared Filter The Camera Can Also Able To See Infrared Part of The Spectrum of Light ! Which Is Pretty Cool Because After This Hack You Can See Hot Objects With Your Camera Glowing More As They Emit More Infrared Energy & Many Other Things You Can Do Like See Through Some Clothes , Black Objects Which Takes Teardown To a Next Level !
Even The Cheapest Seek Thermal Camera Is 200$ Compared To This DIY Which Can Be Done with any cheap HD Video Camera ! Which Seek Thermal Camera Don't Have .
Now You Have Ability To See Through Objects & Know The Temprature Almost Like The Professional Camera's Fujifilm X-T1 & Sony Xray Cameras or The Seek ,Flir Thermal Imaging Camera Just For Very Cheap !
Watch Full video Here https://youtu.be/IdJgxNVVrs4
Step 1: How Does It Works ?
Every Digital Camera Has CCD Sensor Which Is Capable To See Infrared Spectrum of the light ,but since long exposure of infrared light can cause permanent damage to the sensor ,so infrared blocking filter is used to solve this problem .
If We Remove Infrared Filter From Lens It Is Possible To See Infrared Beauty !
1)In First Image You Can See Normal Image Vs Infrared Image
2)In Second Image There Are Different nm lens Filters Are Used To acchive Different Effects .
So Theoretically You Can Use Any Camera For This Hack Like Your Dslr, Cellphone Camera or a(10$) Dashcam Just Like I Used , Remember Cheaper The Camera Easier Your Job Will Be
Step 2: Modify Your Camera !
★☆★ Buy Parts from your online local store ★☆★
1) Dash Cam http://geni.us/OhBh
1. Open Your Camera
2. Remove The CCD Sensor By Disconnecting Flex Cable
3. Detach Lens Mechanism From Sensor
4. Now You Have Successfully Separated Lens From CCD Sensor
5. Into The Lens Part Remove The Collimating Lenses
6. You Will See Reddish Looking Infra-Red Blocking Filter
7. Remove This Infra red Filter With Screwdriver
8. Now Insert The Collimating Lens again in Its Place
9. Fit The Camera Properly
Step 3: Things Under Infrared Thermal Camera !
Here Are Few Things Under This Infrared Thermal Camera Which Are Looking Interesting!
1. A USB Lighter Showing Heat More Sensitively Than Normal Camera
2. Moto E Showing Normal Led
3. Moto E Showing Proximity Sensor Flasing
4. You Can See Circuit Board Inside Logitech Harmony Hub
5. Heated Soldering Iron But You Cant See Heat In Normal Camera
6. You Can See Heated Part of Soldering Iron Glowing
7. Clearly See Electronics Ics's or Componenent's Numbers
8. This Can Be Helpful If You Have Lots Of Unlabled Component Boxes
9. See The Part Number In Very Congested Spaces
10. A Normal Green Laser Pointer
11.A Normal Green Laser Pointer Also Emit Infrared Light In Random Direction
12.You Can See Through RFID Tags Easily
Step 4: Sample Images From Camera
Here Are Some Sample Images From Infrared Thermal Camera
1. Heated Soldering Iron
2.Eye Focused At Infinity
3.Eye Focused At Very Close Distance
4. A Usb Lighter Glowing
5. Looking Circuit Through A Harmony Hub
6.A Chip & Coil Inside RFID Tags
7.See Parts Number Very Easily
Step 5: Benifits & Features
1.Its Cheap Than Cheapest Thermal Camera Which is 200$ Seek Thermal camera I Built This Camera In Just 10 $
2.You Can Record 1080p Videos Which Is Not Possible With Any Thermal Camera In The Market Todate!
3.Take High Resolution Pictures
4. If You Want A Simliar RGB Thermal Camera Looks You can use Thermal Camera Android Apps
Step 6: Tell Me Your Thoughts
msh1353 made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.
Hey man great mod. Which make and model camera did you use? The Amazon link just takes you to a bunch of different cameras.
Also could you use this as a thermal camera? Or would you need IR illumination to see anything in the dark?
nevermind after reading the comments i wouldnt buy one so is ir possible that a digital camera or web cam or dash cam really be converted to be like a seek or flir camera im also a bit confused why people online are writing things like make an ir/thermal camera as if its the same thing to my knowledge they are not the same thing and a thermal camera is much better than an ir camera i like the look of a flir one and flir tk pocket outdoor thermal imager but at 500 and 150 gbp no chance of me paying that amount.