The following information is a single lesson in a larger project hosted on Tinkercad.
Return to Previous Lesson:Create a Floor Plan of Your House
In this lesson you will take what you have learned and expand and customize your house to make it your own.
Step 1: Customize Your House
For a house to be functional there must be a way in. It’s time to create a doorway.
To do this, we will group two objects together in the final shape for that door, we will make that shape a Hole, position it, and then group the shapes. These are the same steps we completed in the previous steps to hollow out the house, but this time we will create the door.
- The following list of questions is intended to help with ideas, but you are also free to come up with your own ideas.
- Does your house need the shade of a tree?
- Who lives in your house? Do you have pets or animals?
- Should your house have a gate or a fence?
- Is one floor enough? What about extra floors and stairs?
- Can you extend your house with additional rooms?
- Where will you park your car when you return to your house?
- What furniture will you have in your house?
Step 2: Congratulation!
You have completed this project.