Introduction: Make Unique Keychains From Silverware
This is another project I made while trying to figure out how to use up my massive excess of cutlery. These keychains are very quick and easy to make, and each one is unique.
Step 1: What You Need:
- A saw capable of cutting metal
- A fork or spoon
- A 3/16" rod
- A keyring
- A vise with soft jaws
Step 2: Bending (Part 1)
- Decide how long you want your keychain to be and mark the length with a washable pen. Line up the far side of your 3/16" rod (I used the shank of a drill bit) with that mark and clamp them together in the vise.
- Bend the fork or spoon around the rod as much as you can.
Step 3: Cutting
- Cut the head of the fork or spoon off. Make the cut anywhere about 3/4" of an inch from the bend or farther.
- File the cut smooth.
Step 4: Bending (Part 2)
- Clamp the keychain in the vise until the cut end comes into contact with the handle.
- Insert the rod into the loop made by bending the handle. Clamp the keychain in the vise again. Since the rod will prevent the loop from changing size go ahead and really put some muscle into it. Try and make the keychain as "low profile" as possible.
- Attach a keyring and enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.