The ICs that the I2C board has are:
24LC02 - 2k EEprom, but I got something totally bigger, 256k EEprom. Later I bought a 512k and a 256k in DIP form
MCP9801 Temp sensor
MCP3221 12 Bit ADC
TC1321 10 bit DAC
MCP23008 I2C expander
I made an adapter for everything but the I2C expander, since it seems rather complex to use (but cool none the less). I also had some Spare MCP9700 Linear Temp sensors in a SC-70 package, but they fit in a SOT package, so I made some adapters for those too
You may notice theres two green bought Adapters for comparison.
Step 1: Supplies
- Blank PCB - I got 12 boards from Ebay, forgot how much, but so far Ive only went through 1 or 2
- Headers - I got these from ebay. They are the break away kind so I can just break off what I need.
- steady Hand - since these are SMD parts, they can be quite small
- The Actual SMD parts - I suppose you could make these and sell them
- And Of course, the eagle files.
A note about the DAC, It needed a on board 2.5v Reference voltage, all other IC's were fine and could fit on an adapter.