Step 1: Materials
2. LEDs. Small 1/8" ones. Any color.
3. A sharp pointy object
4. A paint stirrer or other piece of wood/plastic 1/8" thick.
5. some conductive tape. Aluminum foil and glue should work.
6. 1/8" drill bit and drill
7. Power supply right for the LEDs you have. I used a 4.5v wall transformer and a 100 ohm resistor.
Step 2: Make the Stand
3. clean up.
4. Find a way to make it stand up with the taped edge up. For now I'm using a vice.
5. Hook up a power supply to the two pieces of tape. (+) to one side and (-) to the other.
Step 3: Carve the Plexi Glass
- To separate the paper from the plexi glass easier, soak them in citri-solve for a minute or so.
- Put a picture under the glass.
- Have only one light on when you are carving.
- line up the shadow of the tip of the carving tool with the line on the paper you want to carve.