Finally, something to make with all of those scraps!
Step 1: What You Need
Sewing Machine (You can also hand sew the flags)
Twine or some type of cord to hang the flags
Paint Brush (an angled one works the best)
Step 2: Pick and Cut your fabric
I used scrap fabric that I had, but could never find a use for. Well, here you go!
2. Iron your fabric before cutting it.
You will get a cleaner cut.
3. Cut out an 8 ½” Long X 4 ½” Wide Rectangle.
Use this rectangle to cut out the other rectangles.
It’s good to know what you want your banner to say, so you know how many rectangles to cut out.
Mine is going to say “Wander”, so I need 6 rectangles.
Step 3: Sew Your Flags
4. Take one of the 4 ½” sides and fold it back an 1”, so the right side of the fabric is bent back onto the wrong side of the fabric like the photo shows.
5. Sew 1/4" from the edge of the fabric, not at the fold. Make sure you leave enough room to slide your twine through the top of the fabric. See photos to get an idea of what it should look like when you are finished.
Step 4: Paint On Your Letters
I recommend using an angle brush since you are lettering and want to paint straight lines, but if you don't have one don't worry! Any paint brush will do.
6. Start painting your letters.
You can add dots, triangles, lines, or any other designs to spice your flags up!