Step 1: Prepare Your Fondants
Red vanilla frosting
1. I used my fondants out of tiny marshmallows, as described here or you can also use store bought fondants
2. Roll your fondants into 1/8" thick and cut individual circles out with a circle cutter
3. Let them dry.
Step 2: Stamp Your Fondants
5. Arrange your alphabets and stamp your white fondants
Step 3: Make Your Fondant Faces
7. WIth a small circle cutter or a clean lid from a salt/pepper container, cut out circles from the beige fondant. This will be the faces.
8. For the hair, I cut out a long strip of metal sheet approximately 1 inch wide and shape the hair or you can also use a clean exact-o-knife and cut out the shape freehand
9. Cut out hair pieces from brown fondant
10. Cut out small circles from black fondant. These will be the eyes
11. Cut out different shapes of pink fondant. These will be the mouth
12. Dap your paintbrush with little water and "glue" the hair pieces onto the face fondant.
13. "Glue" the rest of the facial pieces onto the faces
14. I also stamped the birthday girl's name onto the fondant pieces
Step 4: Put Your Fondant Pieces
16. Frost your cupcakes with red icing
17. Put your fondant pieces onto the frosted cupcakes