Also referred to as "the pick-me-up cake" Tiramisu seems to create a sudden positive mood for most people. I hope you enjoy!
Step 1: What You Will Need
1 cup of good quality espresso, or strongly brewed coffee
8 oz Mascarpone Cheese
1/2 cup sugar
3-4 oz courvoisier, or other high quality cognac or rum
1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
Step 2: Making the Filling
2. Beat the yolks with 1/2 cup sugar and a tablespoon of coffee and a tablespoon of the courvoisier beat for a full 5 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
3. Add the Mascarpone Cheese and beat for another 5-6 minutes until really smooth.
4. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form. (be sure to clean your beaters before beating the whites)
5. Gently fold the whites into the mascarpone/yolk mixture until evenly blended.
6. cover and set aside in refrigerator..
Step 3: Prepare the Spongecake
2. Place the bottom layer into a glass dish.
3. Pour cold coffee evenly over 1st layer until it is about halfway soaked into the cake.
4. Sprinkle courvoisier over 1st layer until it is almost saturated.
Step 4: Add Filling..assemble Next Layer
2. Add second layer of spongecake.
3. Saturate 2nd layer with coffee and liquer just like the 1st layer.
4. Smooth the rest of the filling over the entire cake.
Step 5: Almost There!
Step 6: The Hard Part
Hope you Enjoy!