Introduction: Make Yummy Tiramisu
This instructable is about how to make the italian Dessert Tiramisu.
Also referred to as "the pick-me-up cake" Tiramisu seems to create a sudden positive mood for most people. I hope you enjoy!
Step 1: What You Will Need
1 cup of good quality espresso, or strongly brewed coffee
8 oz Mascarpone Cheese
1/2 cup sugar
3-4 oz courvoisier, or other high quality cognac or rum
1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
Step 2: Making the Filling
1. Separate the eggs. put the yolks in a large bowl, and the whites in a medium bowl.
2. Beat the yolks with 1/2 cup sugar and a tablespoon of coffee and a tablespoon of the courvoisier beat for a full 5 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
3. Add the Mascarpone Cheese and beat for another 5-6 minutes until really smooth.
4. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form. (be sure to clean your beaters before beating the whites)
5. Gently fold the whites into the mascarpone/yolk mixture until evenly blended.
6. cover and set aside in refrigerator..
Step 3: Prepare the Spongecake
1. Using a very sharp knife, split the cake into 2 layers.
2. Place the bottom layer into a glass dish.
3. Pour cold coffee evenly over 1st layer until it is about halfway soaked into the cake.
4. Sprinkle courvoisier over 1st layer until it is almost saturated.
Step 4: Add Filling..assemble Next Layer
1. Apply the Mascarpone filling about 1/4" thick on the 1st layer and spread out evenly.
2. Add second layer of spongecake.
3. Saturate 2nd layer with coffee and liquer just like the 1st layer.
4. Smooth the rest of the filling over the entire cake.
Step 5: Almost There!
using a tea strainer or similar implement, dust the top of the Tiramisu with about 1 tablespoon of chocolate powder.
Step 6: The Hard Part
The hardest part about making this is that it should be covered and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours..the longer you leave it, the more the flavours intermingle and smooth out.
Hope you Enjoy!