For some fun on a white sheet or tracing paper taped over a hole in a simple refrigerator box, this puppet-making technique makes for some fun using your own original illustrations and creations.
In this video, Kathy S is singing. Bug designed by Mark A. I constructed the puppets. I made a bug that has legs that swing freely, and an arm that can be articulated to poke himself in the eye with a pen...
Steps of this instructable
1. illustrate and print an awesome cranky-looking scrooge-style pi-pedal bug or other creature
2. print out and enlarge
3. trace over the areas you want to cut with chalk/carbon
4. press the chalked drawing onto thick paper to transfer design
5. cut body, legs and arm sections with Exacto knife
6. tape lighting gel to create bright green body.
7. sew arm and legs on with needle and thread to articulate
8. attach velcro to puppet arm, body, and cheap flat-ended chopsticks
9. animate on the screen or curtain with a light shining behind you so audience sees the cranky bug moving his arms and legs while you sing a song.
1. Card Stock Paper
2. Printed Design
4. Colored Gels OR Tissue Paper
5. Needle and Thread
6. Exacto Knife
7. Scotch Tape
8. White sheet or paper with floor lamp or clamped work lamp behind it
9. Audience who appreciates low-tech visual fun!
Ability to cut fine tiny cuts with the exacto knife