Introduction: Make a Bedroom Lamp From Shims
Runner Up in the
The challenge was to make a lamp cheaply from things I already had laying around.
- 1 Package of cedar shims ($3 - $4 at Home Depot)
- Some scrap thin mahogany
- A little plywood
- The lamp parts I ordered off of ebay for about $10
- Lamp socket ( $1.40 ebay )
- Lamp cord 9 ( $6 ebay )
- Vintage plug ( $1.99 ebay )
- Step-On lamp switch ( $1.99 ebay )
- Miter Saw
- Scroll Saw
- Brad Nailer
- Wood Glue
- Carpet & Masking Tape
- Small Router
- Hammer & Nails
- Carboard Spacing Strips
- Tung Oil Finish
Step 1: The Result Is a One of a Kind Lamp
Watch this video to see how it all comes together.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.