This is a great project for kids with an adult's help, not supervision, but help.
NOTE: There are a couple of places where a box cutter is used and those steps should ONLY be performed by an adult, NEVER by a child.
Now that that is out of the way, this is an easy project to make. The longest part is the drying time in between the coats of paints.
Step 1: Gather The Things You Will Need
- Box cutter (this is only to be used by an adult, NEVER the child if a child is making this.)
- Packing tape dispenser (not necessary to complete project but it makes it easier to tape)
- Box ( this one is 10.5 in x 7 in but use any size you want)
- Paint (any type or color is fine)
- Drop cloth to catch stray paint
- Belt (I got mine from the dollar store)
- Plastic bowls and lids for paint
- Paint brush or paint sponge
- A 10in x 6 in piece of cardboard to cover up the holes in the back if you are using a box like the one in the diagram
- A clear plastic drinking cup
- Pipe cleaners (only if you want to add a little pizzazz to your camera backpack) ;-)
- Clear drawer liner or any solid plastic to use to cover the flash and the viewfinder
- A cardboard cylinder from either a toilet paper or paper towel roll
- Packing tape