Introduction: Make a Coin Holder Out of a Lip Balm Container
Hello again folks. Long time no instructable. Well today we will be making a simple and very effective coin holder. It's easy. This one holds Quarters but it can also hold Nickels, Dimes, and Pennies but I find that Quarters are more important. This one fits Quarters just right. But in the end, it's what YOU wanna put into it. The best parts of this are: it's cheap, easy, effective, AND has a screw on top so the cover will not come off easily! Brilliant! Let's get started.
UPDATE!: This "cointainer" can hold up to 15 quarters. I recently tested it out. Enjoy!
Step 1: Scoop Out the Stuff
Ok, so I have here a beige/tan blistex container called: Daily Conditioning Treatment (DCT) SPF 20. This happens to be a medicated lip balm that I bought once. I didn't realize it would be medicated so I no longer used it. Sorry but I hate having mint feeling on my lips...soooooo...decided to one day do something with this container that I am no longer using.
So here is how we do the scooping:
Take tissues and start scooping out the lip balm. This took 3 or 4 tries in order for all the stuff to come out. then take another tissue and just get all the last remnants.
Step 2: Wash the Container
Pretty simple here: just take soap and water and wash the container. Make sure you get all the lip balmy/gel-like goodness out of there. Feel it with your hands so you know that you washed it properly and that it's not slimy. Cause hey...who wants that?
Step 3: Complete!
Alright. Just dry the thing and you are done. Start inserting coins (whichever ones you want) or other stuff and start enjoying.
Step 4: Do Note the Following:
1) This container I have works best with Quarters but like I said, you pick what coins you want to put into it.
2) The BLUE lip balm container (like the Blistex Medicated) DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT fit Quarters. So if you are to do this instructable, make sure that you get the one that I have listed in the picture: Daily Conditioning Treatment: DCT Blistex SPF 20.
3) This is perfect for those laundry days when you need Quarters handy.
4) I'm not sure if this is water-proof or not but looks pretty air tight.
***For those asking why would I want to water-proof coins***: it is not to water-proof coins although it might be very waterproof or it may not. I'm not sure on the water-proof part BUT you don't have to limit this to just coins or quarters. you can put other stuff in it.
5) Blue lip balm containers = perfect for pills (aspirins, medications, etc.) or other things (whatever you can think of).
6) Beige/Tan lip balm containers = best for coins (like my instructable) but can also be used to store pills or other stuff.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.