There's nothing like a corset to give you that perfect hourglass figure, whether you've got it or not! This instructable shows you the construction of a basic boned corset from start to finish. I will not go into detail about pattern making, but have provided a few resources for you to make/purchase your own.
Please note this is not a proper historical corset, but more of a simplified boned bodice. It does not have all of the finishing touches that professional corset makers would use, but it is perfect for a big night out, as a piece for a costume, or as a base for an evening dress. Happy sewing!
Step 1: What You Need
For this corset you will need:
- Outer fabric of your choice (not too delicate or your bones will pop out, I used raw silk)
- Lining fabric, ideally coutil (cotton specifically for corsets), but any strong non-stretch woven cotton fabric will do.
- Spiral/steel boning, 20 for this corset
- Eyelet Tool/Hammer
- Sewing Machine (obviously!)
- Rotary cutter and mat
- Fabric/leather punch (optional)