Step 1: Materials
You will need:
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, either chips or a bar chopped fine
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- a bag of Just Corn (I found mine at Sports Basement)
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 2 tablespoons Jack Daniels or other brown liquor
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
I included all the optional items, because I love Nutella, and booze, and salt.
You could substitute candy corn for the Just Corn, but it will lose the realism.
Note: I would normally not use chocolate chips to make candy, as they contain stabilizers that change the final texture. But this is poo, so I went the easy route.
Step 2: Heat the Cream
Put the 1/2 cup cream and 2 Tbs butter in a small saucepan and heat on medium-high, stirring constantly. We want the cream to heat evenly without burning, and so we stir. As soon as the cream/butter comes to a boil take it off the heat and pour it over the chocolate.