What? Will you throw the mouse to the garbage can? DOUBLE SHAME! The mouse will polute the environment!!!
Well, no problem! I will show you a way to transform that dead mouse into an useful and decorative accesory for your desktop. You will need some paperclips and other stuff for transforming that mouse into a scorpion with magnet for keeping the clips and pincers for the notes.
Step 1: Materials
- 1 dead mouse
- 10 paper clips (In Colombia, we call this kind of clips "Butterfly Clips")
- 3 screws
- 3 nuts
- 3 packing rings (the metallic ones)
- 3 pincers (like the kind you use in electronics)
- 1 magnet
Dremel Rotary Tool
And don't forget:
1. If you don't have it, replace it!
2. Use protective equipment (dust mask and goggles)
3. Beware of drilled and soldered hot surfaces
4. Work in a good ventilated area.
5. Always have junk in stock
Step 2: The Legs
Step 3: Hacking the Mouse
Keep the circuits and the wire. You will need the upper circuit. Ypu can use the bottom circuit and the wire for another project.
In the bottom part of the mouse case, drill 14 holes:
- 8 for the legs
- 2 for the pincers
- 1 for the tail
- 3 for the screws where you will fasten the clips
Step 4: Fasting Legs, Arms and Tail
Front screw: pincers clip, first pair of legs.
Center screw: second and third pair of legs.
Back screw: fourth pair of legs and tail clip.
Step 5: Scorpion's Back
Now, join the upper and the bottom parts of the mouse.
Step 6: Pincers and Stinger
Bend the end of arms and tail and insert the pincers. Adjust carefully using pliers. If the pincers are a little loose, use a bit of superglue.
Now, you have your Desktop Scorpion!