I created the pattern from scratch. Through trial and error, I've come up with a classic shape that you can interpret however you like.
It is easy to sew, easy to assemble, shouldn't set you back more than $20 and is super versatile. Just think of the possibilities. You could use felt, or upholstery fabric or embroider each of the panels before sewing them together.
You can see my Etsy listing here
Step 1: What you will need:
1. Fabric - 1/2 yard will be plenty
2. Fusible Interfacing - Optional. If you use a heavy fabric you don't need this. I used a thin cotton.
3. Matching Thread
5. Lampshade (not pictured)
6. Light bulb (not pictured)
7. (1) Fence Post Cap - This will be the base of the lamp.
8. (1) All Thread Lamp Pipe Kit , 12" - This kit will include the 2 washers and 2 nuts you will need.
9. (1) 8' Lamp Cord Set
10. (1) Lighting Fixture Socket
11. (4) Adhesive Feet - For base of lamp to allow for cord clearance
1. Pattern, which you can download here
2. Sewing Machine or Needle
3. Straight Pins
7. Iron (not pictured)
8. Ironing Board (not pictured)