Step 1: Supplies and Tools
Polymer Clay [I used 1 block Premo! Pearl Pink and 1 half block Fimo Effect Glitter in white]
Bits and baubles. I have some little pink flowers in my scrapbook box along with my rhinestone.
Cookie Cutter in a shape of your choosing, I got my small star from Hobby Lobby for $ .99 [A very important note, Anything you use for clay cannot be used for food.]
Pasta machine or Acrylic roller
Step 2: Let's make a Star
1. Condition your clay.
2. Break the clay into three parts and run through the pasta machine on setting 9. If using a roller, roll the clay about 1/2 inch thick.
3. Layer the sheets of clay on top of each other pressing them down with even pressure.
4. Then place the cookie cutter on top and cut out a star.[If your are worried about your clay sticking inside the cookie cutter you can dust it with corn starch.]
5. Remove the excess clay and slide the star out from the cookie cutter.
Step 3: Time to swirl some colors.
2. Repeat this with the other color of clay.
3. Trim each snake to equal length and then coil them together.
4. Gently take the coil and press it around your star
5. Using the craft knife cut away excess.