I also thought the cost was silly and that I could make one just as good for next to nothing.
- an EMPTY 15kg gas bottle - Free from a co worker
- 3mm or thicker sheet steel - Quite rusty but free from a friend
- 15mm box section - Again, a bit rusty but free from another friend
- 60mm steel pipe (5x 500mm lengths) for the chimney
- 30mm steel pipe (about 2m) for legs
- Some scrap bits of plate to make the leg brackets
- metal hinges - had laying around the garage
- Heat resistant stove paint - eBay
- A carrying handle with screws - eBay
- A smaller handle for the front hatch - eBay
- 6mm steel rod - for leg pivots
- 4mm split pins (cotter pins) x 3
- m6 nuts
- m6 threaded rod or 60mm m6 bolts
- 3 right angled brackets
- metal mesh (for the spark arrestor)
- Angle grinder with both cutting discs and flap discs.
- A welder (I used a MIG but an arc welder would work just as well)
- A paint pen or marker.
- Drill with 6mm bit, 10mm bit and also a wire brush attachment for removing rust.
- Jigsaw with metal cutting blade
- Sandpaper. I used wet & dry sanding sponges.
- Screwdrivers. Normally used for levering.
- A wire brush. Handy for cleaning up welds.