Introduction: Make a Giant Jenga!
Around here all the popular breweries have a giant Jenga. It's a great game to have at home too and here's how to make one!
Step 1: Tools and Materials
This can be done with as little as a handsaw, but you'll see in the video that I used a chop saw, a table saw and a band saw. Having a sander makes things easy too, but you can just use sandpaper.
- Sander or sandpaper
- Kiln Dried Doug Fir (see cut list below)
- ¼" plywood (see cut list below)
- 4ea. 16d nails
- 4ea. #6 nails
For the 7½" x 7½" model (shown) 6ea. 2x3x96" Kiln dried Doug fir cut as follows. Both are 45" tall.
- 54ea. 2x3x7½"
- 4ea. 2x3x18" with 2½x2½x¾" halved corner joint cut from one end
- 4ea. 2x3x5" with 2½x2½x¾" halved corner joint cut from one end
- 1ea. 7¼x7¼x¼" plywood
For the 10½" x 10½" model (not shown), 8ea. 2x4x96" Kiln dried Doug fir cut as follows
- 54ea. 2x4x10½"
- 4ea. 2x4x18" with 3½x3½x¾" halved corner joint cut from one end
- 4ea. 2x4x7" with 3½x3½x¾" halved corner joint cut from one end
- 1ea. 10¼x10¼x¼" plywood
Step 2: The Build!
Here's an example of a halved corner joint. This is the hardest part of the build. The rest is covered in the video.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.