- Two 6 inch lawnmower wheels
- 3/8 inch concrete reinforcement bar
- 6 hex head bolts 1/2 inch x 2 1/2 inches with hex nuts
- 2 cotter keys 1 1/2 inch long
- 4 lockwashers 1/2 inch in diameter
- 4 squares of steel 3/16 inch thick measuring 1 3/4 inch x 1 3/4 inch
- Electric drill and bits
- Tape measure
Step 1: Dimensions
Step 2: The beginning
In the photo you see the wheel trucks assembled. When I did the welding, I simply set a hex bolt on a flat surface, head down. I laid the reinforcement bar next to the hex head and welded.
Step 3: Square pieces
Notice that I welded a short piece of reinforcement bar to one side of each square and welded the reinforcement bar pieces that form the legs of the triangle to the spacers. The spacers are to make a way over any lip on the ladder rails.