- 4 sets of 32x32 RGB LED Matrix panels (Dimensions 7.5" x 7.5") or 2 64x32's, supported panels here
- PIXEL Maker's Kit (a custom IOIO board designed to control HUB75 LED matrix panels)
- Free Apps for Android, PC, Mac, and Raspberry Pi with included pixel art content, free apps here
- 5V power, rated at 20A minimum, an old PC ATX power supply is one option
- 3 16.5" x 16.5" acrylic sheets (I got mine from my local Tap Plastics shop)
- 4 5/8" hex stand-offs with 2 screws for each end
- 32 4-40 5/16" panhead screws
- More info about this project at http://ledpixelart.com
The panels used in this project are originally meant for large-scale building and scoreboard LED displays. You'll find several kinds out there from Adafruit, Sparkfun, Ali Express, etc. Unfortunately while they make look the same, there does not seem to be any standard for LED matrix panels and each manufacturer can use a different chipset causing them to behave differently. So be sure and only use the verified and tested LED panels listed here.
A special thanks to Ytai Ben-Tsvi, creator of the IOIO board, for all his invaluable help on this project.