After paint, we put everyting back together. The pegs are easier with two people (thanks Michelle!). The side rails were hot glued in place, then covered with the same yellow electrical tape. Smaller square dowells were used to make "slots" under the pegboard area. The catch for the pucks was made from "corner guard." I cut a "V" in the corner guard (one side of the "L"), and then bent the plastic to form a 90 degree bend.
We put crisscrossing shoulder straps on the back. The straps were made of denim, and were held in place by screws and nuts.
Everyone really enjoyed running up and getting to play!