Introduction: Make a RF Transmitter and Receiver With HT12E & HT12D
Would you like to send wireless data? easily and with no microcontroller needed?
Here we go, in this instructable i'll show you mi basic rf transmitter and receiver ready to be used!
In this instructable you'll can send and receive data using very very cheap components!
With the help of our friends HT12E (ENCODER) and HT12D (DECODER) and a pair of Rf modules of 433 Mhz.
Step 1: Parts List
- RF transmitter and RF receiver of 433 Mhz
- 3 push buttons
- IC HT12D
- IC HT12E
- Hearders (male or female it doesn't care)
- 3 resistors with a value from (100 to 330) ohms
- 3 leds any color 3mm of diameter (miniature)
- 1 Megaohm resistor for IC of the transmitter (IMPORTANT)
- a 51 K or very very neraly resistor value for the receptor (IMPORTANT)
Step 2: Working Explication:
The RF transmitter with and a good antenna can sent data up to 500 ft (outdoor and no osbtacles)
The operation voltage of RF transmitter is : (3.3v - 5 v)
The operation voltage of RF receiver is: (5v - 9v).
PINOUT OF HT12E (ENCODER)
Pin 1-8: Asignement of receiver direction, it mean it can changing of adresses for comunication individualy if is needed
9. VSS connected to GND
10-13. AD in this pins is for to transmiting data of 3 bits (in our case to the receptor)
14. Transmission enable, it can be done connecting this pin to GND
15-16. In this ports it have to put a "oscillation resistor" very very important use the value of 1 M ohm
17. This pin have to be connected to Data pin of our 433 Mhz RF transmitter.
18. This pin goes connected to VCC or our positive terminal of our power supply or battery
PINOUT OF HT12D (DECODER)
1-8. Connected to gnd for enable comunication with the HT12E
9. VSS this pin goes to GND.
10-13. "AD" the IC use this pins for the output data that is sended with the transmitter, in our case leds for indicating receiving info and direct output for to connect a relay or anything you want.
14. "DIN" this pin goes connected to DATA of our 433 Mhz RF receiver.
15-16. In this ports goes connected a resistor with a value of 51 k ohms or very very close value like 50 k or 52 k (IMPORTANT: Don't change the value of this resistor if you make that your circuit it doesn't work).
17. No connection.
18. this pin goes to VCC or the positive of our power source.
Step 3: Download the Circuit
Like all my instructables you cand download the PDF circuit ready to print and make yor our
For save money and sheets the tx and rx circuits are in the same sheet and too the silk screen components for to guide and make more pro the final work!
Step 4: Working Video
Here is a video for to demostrate that the circuit works!
And some of imagen of the final circuit!
Thank for see my instructable! :)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.