Sterling silver wire, 24g
round tip pliers
flat tip pliers
cheap thread or string,approx. same thickness as your wire
1. You need to measure how much wire you need for your basket. Using your thread, wrap the thread around the hexagon (or whatever shape you chose) in a way that will hold items inside. Mark the end with a marker, then unwrap the thread from the finding.
2. Add 4 inches of thread to your overall length. better too much than too little.
3. Take the length of thread, and double it. This is how much wire you will need. You can eliminate this step by using a thinner wire, but the basket will not hold as much.
4. Double the wire on itself once, but do not crimp the bend in the wire, gently bend it. Hard kinks in your wire are hard to smooth out!
I started at the bottom, and wrapped the wire around the form three times, to anchor the 'strands'. Pull it tight with your round tip pliers. Use the flat tip pliers to make sure your wires are flush with the finding.
5. From here, you just wrap the wire around your form. Use your round tip pliers to pull it tight.
6. To finish, you wrap the loose ends off the same way you started! Use the flat tip pliers to make sure your wires are tight and flush with the finding.
7. Now, fill with your choice of sea glass, beads or maybe a mother of pearl disc!
8. A really cool variation, shown here, is to add beads to the wire as you go, instead of filling the basket.
9. Add jump rings on either side.Add your length of chain, and you are good to go!