Step 11: Additional hints and tips:
- a thimble will probably be your best friend through this project. Pushing the needle through the plastic bags can sometimes get tricky.
- if you don't have a thimble, try to vary the fingers you use to push/pull the needle through the braids.
- if you're not excited about the plastic bags, I'm sure braided t-shirts or other fabric would work just as well. I'm thinking about trying that next.
- make sure that you're always pulling the thread tight when building the basket - it'll keep the braids in the right position and keep them from shifting as you add extra layers.
- depending on how tight/loose you pull the braids as you sew, you can create curves in your basket.