The basic principle is to put the thinner but stronger tube into the larger tube to make a “full tang” style sword.
This design makes a very sturdy sword that can take some beating. Therefore a hard stab or hit will probably hurt. Also you want your kids not to be gouging out eyes left and right, so be careful. It may be a good idea to make the tip blunt if you have got small Vikings in the house.
Step 1: Materials needed.
- cardboard tube from a paper towel (if you have access to longer tubes even better)
- stronger cardboard tube with smaller diameter
- card board tube from toilet paper (not pictured)
- small flat boxes from chocolate, cheese, pills…
- glue (I used my hot glue pistol)
- something to mark with and...
- something for cutting
and of course a pig’s head, some mandrake and a human heart. Wait… WHAT?... Erm… I’m sorry that is for another project.