Many people choose to modify this recipe by adding flavors like pomegranate and strawberry, so feel free to get creative.
Step 1: Get your ingredients and equipment
- fresh mint
- club soda
- rum (this depends on your taste. I like mine sweeter, so I use passion fruit rum. If you like the classic, strong mojito, I would stick with a plain white rum).
- simple syrup (sugar + water)
Equipment that you will need includes
- glass (size just depends on how much you want - if you want to get technical, use a highball)
- something to muddle with (I use a pestle, but you could use the handle of your spatula, if you're stuck)
- a cup larger than the one you're drinking out of or a cocktail shaker.