You will need:
- One set of wooden parts. Use attached PDF.
- One cloth sling. Use attached Basket.pdf for a pattern.
- Some ballast for the counter weight. (nuts, small bolts, BB's, lead shot, etc)
- Wood glue
- strong thread or thin string
- A long twist tie, some masking tape, small wood clamps or other way of securing some of the parts while the glue dries.
- Some 400 grit sandpaper (optional)
For the wood parts you can use the attached files to create your own or send them off to a laser cutter to make them. It should work fine in 1/8th MDF, Baltic Birch and probably acrylic or lexan (use the appropriate glue of course). You can open the .svg files in Inkscape.
Feel free to make as many kits for personal use as you want. (It's not alright to sell kits without my permission, OK?) The basket on the counterweight is a "living hinge" design. It bends where the laser scored it. There are 2 on the template since it's the most likely part to break during assembly. It's probably not possible to do on a scroll saw. You will need to modify the design somewhat.