I found about a dozen used cell phone chargers very cheap from a local shop.
The cell phone chargers have faults in the plugs and cables only, the actual charger circuit were working perfect. I removed the cable and plugs and used these in many projects
In this instructable I will show you how I made a durable night lamp which will give service for many years.
Step 1: Components Required
1. A cell phone /Mobile Phone Charger with out put of 5 to 12 volts.
2. One white LED 5mm ( You can substitute with Blue color LED)
3. One resistance (for value click to see the chart)
4. One diffuser. I used a cap from an insulin syringe (BD), most white semi-transparent bottle caps do the job.
The diffuser is required to disperse the light uniformly in the room and make it cool to the eyes.
Step 2: Connecting components & finishing
2. Test it by hooking to the mains power socket.
3. Finally glue the diffuser on it.
See an other view of the built up night light