Fake books are awesome, am I right? Here's how to make one out of everyday objects. Hope you like it!
Step 1: What you need
Most of these things you can find around the house, except maybe the strapping tape.
So, you will need:
- A book sized box (I used a box a cell phone came in)
- Another, bigger, box (I used one that boots came in)
- X-acto knife
- Double sided tape
- Strapping tape (You can find it at ACE for about $5) Ih has what looks like strings or something on it. Just look at the second picture.
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Paper bags (Usually two)
- Ruler (Metal works best)
- Depending on what color the box is you will need some white paper.
Step 2: Now.....
Measure your box where the covers will go and add 1/4 of an inch onto the height measurements so that there is 1/8 of an inch hanging off the top and bottom. Then add 1/8 of an inch to the width measurements. Do the same thing for the spine.
Draw it onto the bigger box and cut out the pieces.
Step 3: Chop chop!
Take the paper bags and cut the bottoms off. Then cut down the seam so that you get a bigger piece of brown paper. Cut a rectangle out a bit bigger than the piece of cardboard you are covering and lay the cardboard down on top of it. Put strips of double sided tape around the edges and fold the paper bag on top of it so that when you flip it over it's nice and neat looking.