Step 1: Tools and Materials
- Craft knife / cutters
- Hand drill
- Drill bits (1 mm diameter)
- Hot glue gun
- Scissors (not shown in the picture)
- Ruler (not shown in the picture)
- Plastic bottle cap (I used a cap of deo bottle, though cap of aerosol can can also work)
- Plastic press buttons (I salvaged these from an old rain-suite)
- Key ring (This one came with the lock I purchased)
Step 2: Marking the Cutting Line
One cap makes two sets of flip covers (bonus!)
For this instructable, i would be showing only one!
Step 3: Cutting
The bottle cap i used was thin enough to by a pair of regular scissors. Experienced people might use saw for this.
(WARNING : Scissors are sharp and might cause injury. Please use with caution)
Step 4: Making Holes and Finishing
Using a hand-drill make the hole at this point
Then, trim off the corners and round off the edges
Step 5: Gluing the Buttons
Use the hot glue gun and paste one half of the button on each side
(WARNING : Hot glue guns can cause serious injury and burns. Follow necessary safety precautions during the use)
Step 6: One Ring to Bind Them :P
Be careful. Sometimes the tips of the ring can be sharp
Step 7: Flip and Un-flip
Again, be careful while using sharp instruments like craft knife.
And you are done!!
No more worries about keys abrading the lining of your pocket or snagging the lining of purse :)