I couldn't sleep, so I made knives. (For Burning Man gifts.)
1. A dull hacksaw or bandsaw blade
2. Electrical tape or really wide heatshrink tubing
1. A piece of paper
2. a ball point pen
3. a sharpie
4. a file or other method to score/cut the blade
5. pliers to break the blade
6. a vise to hold it
7. a grinder to sharpen the blade,
8. and electrical tape to make a handle.
If you are not familiar with grinders or otherwise do not know proper grinder safety,
please do not attempt this and ask someone for assistance.
Submitted by Ace Monster Toys for the Instructables Sponsorship Program
Step 1: Designing the Shape
Draw with a pen an outline of the hacksaw blade on the piece of paper. We used a blade so dull that it was described as "polished".
Choose a point shape and any details you may want. We used square cut for these illustrations. Use your hand to figure out where would be comfortable to hold from and where your thumb will go.