With the power of nail-polish remover and the precision of a text marker, you can easily clean away any small permanent-marker stain!
Step 1: What You Need
- some nail polish remover
- an (empty) text marker
- a sharp knife or a hacksaw
- some heavy-duty tape (electrical tape works fine)
- a tissue or paper towel
Step 2: Draining the Text Marker
To do this simply take a paper towel or tissue and wrap it around the tip of your text marker.
Let it sit overnight and then feel the tip to see if it's still moist.
Step 3: Filling Up the Cartiridge
- Now take your knife/hacksaw and cut the back piece of your textmarker off so you have access to the fabric ink cartridge.
- Then take your nail-polish remover and slowly fill up the cartridge. Make sure to do this over a sink because the nail-polish remover will leak out the tip if the cartridge is full.
- After the cartridge is full, tape the end back on with some heavy-duty tape. It must be heavy-duty or else the vapors of the nail-polish remover will leak out of the end of the marker.
Step 4: Finished!
Here's how you do it:
- Select a mark (made with a permanent marker) on a shiny surface (I works best on ceramic, metal & hard plastics, on soft plastics the nail-polish remover will damage the plastic when applied)
- Take your permanent-marker-remover and color over the stain with the flat side of the tip (this will ensure that enough nail-polish remover is flowing on the mark)
- Now take a tissue/paper towel and wipe the area clean
- If the mark is still there, repeat 2. and 3.
- When the mark is gone use a clean part of the tissue/paper towel and wipe the tip clean (note that you won't be able to get the tip totally clean but this won't affect anything)
- You have successfully removed a mark made with permanent marker!
Make sure to regularly fill up your permanent-marker remover. To do this simply hold the tip of your permanent-marker remover in nail-polish remover for a minute or so.
Don't forget to comment, rate and make&enjoy your own permanent-marker-remover!