You can make this in an even easier way using a whine bottle (or a beer can, or even a toilet paper roll ): . This instructable will provide a way to make pots in any size and with a punched bottom.
The pots are made by rolling news paper around a template and then punch the bottom to make it keep together. You can also "glue" the pot with a small amount of water. You can do this using a beer can or something else cylindrical with a hole in the bottom. But I decided to make a small tool similar to commercial available alternatives.
English is not my first language so please help me out if something is wrong or just silly - thanks!
Step 1: Materials
- Then you need something to make a hole in the template to be able to punch in the bottom, I used a drill
- I don't know the word, but I had a stick for putting up curtains which I will be using as the punching part
- Then you need a base to mount the punching part onto
- And optionally a small screw
You will also need some basic wood-working tools:
- Some kind of a saw
- Some kind of a drill
- A knife
- Optionally also a screwdriver
An optional construction would be to use one of those plastic feet you put under furniture to avoid scratches in the floor. I think you should use the hard kind, not the kind with felt on top.