Step 12: Gilding the lily
Here are some other ideas I've had for enhancements to this project. No doubt you guys will have even more cool things to add in the comments, but for now...
1) Carve and/or stain the wood. Sorry, but oak just calls out to me, "don't leave me like this! make me pretty!"
2) Make another motor mount for a corded drill. Cordless is cool and all, but batteries are never charged when you need them.
3) Paint shaker. Since the arm is exposed, it would be really simple to screw on a Velcro wire tie so you could easily shake spray cans.
4) LED light. ('cuz everything's better with LED's)
5) Carrying handle and/or somehow make it fold up. Since it's cordless and technically portable, it would be nice if it was more easy to move like in your car and stuff.
6) Dust blower. Maybe like a PC fan or something??
7) The ability to use other kinds of blades? (For example, a hacksaw blade for cutting metal.)