I'm busy, like gardening, and forgetful. Whats the easy way to counter all that, and grow plants? A hydroponics system!
Hydroponics, or the art of growing without soil, is pretty darn simple. Water+nutrients+plant= better than dirt. No weeds! No bugs! No over-watering! No gardening smarts required! Just plop your plants in and sit back!
Here's how to build an easy wick hydroponics system with stuff around your house.
Step 1: What You Need
Here's what you'll need for this project.
- A plant with a somewhat small root-ball.
- An empty spice container, small. The lid must have a flip up top and holes, but the flip-up top can be broken off.
- Lid from another spice container, same size, but no holes
- Gravel or pebbles
- Old T-shirt, sock, or some sort of cotton fabric
- Distilled or bottled water
- Fertilizer that will dissolve in water
- (Optional) black paint