My mother travels a lot and she will find this useful!
Step 1: Assemble the materials
- for the main pocket a piece of fabric approximately 18" by 20".
- a matching zipper 18" long or more
- a co-ordinating piece of fabric about 10" by 7"
- a second zipper for the outside pocket 10" long or more
- co-ordinating thread
- a coat-hanger ( with smooth shoulders is easiest)
I used some fabric and zips I had on hand. You can also use remnants. You will usually find these in a bin at the fabric store. They are the pieces too small to sell at full price so you can often pick them up for less than a dollar.