This "pocket" is great to take anywhere - even if visiting friends. It is an easy way to keep scarfs, belts and small items tidy and out of the way. In hotels, you can hang your coat over the pocket with the small outer pocket to the back to conceal private papers, etc. when a safe isn't available.
My mother travels a lot and she will find this useful!
Step 1: Assemble the materials
You will need:
- for the main pocket a piece of fabric approximately 18" by 20".
- a matching zipper 18" long or more
- a co-ordinating piece of fabric about 10" by 7"
- a second zipper for the outside pocket 10" long or more
- co-ordinating thread
- a coat-hanger ( with smooth shoulders is easiest)
I used some fabric and zips I had on hand. You can also use remnants. You will usually find these in a bin at the fabric store. They are the pieces too small to sell at full price so you can often pick them up for less than a dollar.