Oops! I forgot to mention that this 'ible is dedicated to my friend - it was his idea to make this 'ible I just photographed it, chose the contents and wrote the instructions. I do carry some of the components, just not all of them.
"What's an 'EDC'?" you may ask.
EDC stands for E very D ay C arry, and hence the name, it's the stuff that you carry every day to be prepared for what life throws at you.
"But why do I need an EDC?
An EDC kit just makes life easier, whether it's day to day chores or having to sleep rough in a field, EDC makes it possible, or atleast a whole lot easyer.
Now come on! This EDC isn't going to make itself...
Step 1: The parts...
But I recommend starting out with these things then expanding from here to suit your needs/pocket size.
(* denotes optional but recomended)
Option #1, (based around Doug Ritter's Pocket Survival Pack.)
- 1x Pocket Survival Pack,
- 1x box of Swan Vesta matches (or equivilent strike anywhere),
- 1x small AAA torch (flashlight to all you people in america) or small keychain light,
- 1x small ziploc bag like these, link ,
- 1x roll of zinc oxide tape to wrap around a toothpick,
- some medium sized safety pins,
- rubber bands,
- Nurofen (ibuprofen), remember to cut it down (see image above),*
- Micropur water purification tablets (or equivilent), you only need two*
- a good quality knife, I like spyderco but any brand will do.
- some good thing nylon cord (but 550 paracord will work)*
Option #2, (not based around Doug Ritter's Pocket Survival Pack.)
Same as above but include:
- 1x small roll of Duck duct tape (wrap it round a cut down bic pen),
- 1x small roll of string,
- 1x Tinder Quick and Strike-lite kit from here ,
- 2x large safety pins,
- 1x loud whistle, preferably a Fox 40 Micro or a ACR Res-q.
Note: this is just a guideline kitlist, you can add more if you want, but remember this is to carry everyday so don't put too much in!