So without much talking, off we go!!!
Errrr, I meant "ALLONS-Y!"
(English is not my native language, so I will try my best not to make you mad with many mistakes but apologies in advance if I do.)
Step 1: Supplies
- An unused cardboard box. I took one which was sitting in my room for many years containing my Pokemon cards. You can use milk cartoons on anything whose shape matches the TARDIS.
- A scissors
- Glue. Just craft glue. I prefer liquid craft glues over glue sticks because I think they hold better.
- Sketch-pens of the shades of blue. If you have seen the TARDIS, explore with the color blue.
- Black Marker.
- Ruler, pencil.
- Cap (preferably white) of a toothpaste tube or of any tube big enough to be the top lamp of the blue box and.
- Some Tape.
- Art paper or craft paper of light blue shade.
- Once you have read this fully, feel free to add your own parts to the TARDIS.
Step 2: The Roof
In some it has steps which moves up like a tomb and in other there is a sloping nature (Pic 1).
I hope I won't get you lost through my writing.
Pic 2-4 : Draw a cross on the top of the box drawing the diagonals and then add a little square at the center as shown.
Pic 5 : Cut along the lines starting from the four corners but only up to the square. Don't cut in side the little square.
Pic 6-7 : fold along the cuts for easier access to the cut lines.
Pic 8 : Nip a bit around the lines and make the slits wider.
After nipping it will look like Pic 9 if you open the lid of the box.
Pic 10-11 : Now press the sides of each cut line close to each other and tape along it.
This will create a slanting nature to the lid and it will look like Pic 12-13.
Pic 14-15 : The box after closing the modified lid.
Step 3: Cover Up
Cut the Blue paper in right sizes and cover whole box.
Sorry I didn't take enough pictures of this step.
Step 4: Its Coloring Time!!!
Once it is done, start coloring with the sketch pens.
When blue parts are done, give it some shades and parts with the black marker.
I know we can use paper of the particular shade instead of coloring it or even we can print the pattern ready-made instead of all this work but I wanted to make it a little raggidy - type. I liked how Tenth doctor had a bit old looking TARDIS. And the sketching gave it somewhat 'wooden look' [ I know its not much :'( ].
Step 5: Finish It Your Way
Stick the toothpaste cap on the top of it and voila! You have a TARDIS!
And you can also store anything you want because it is still a functional box.
[ Try placing an elephant inside because *snort* its bigger on the inside *snort* Muahhahahaha sorry my bad ;) ]