Introduction: Make Blowgun Darts Out of Ordinary Stuff
this will tell you how to make fairly effective blowgun darts out of a straw, flag cocktail toothpick, blu-tac and knitting wool or yarn of any colour.
Step 1: Gather Materials
to begin you will need:
a drinking straw (wider straws are better)
a ball of blu-tac
some yarn or knitting wool
a cocktail toothpick with flag
Step 2: Making the Dart Shaft and Tail
to make this section:
1. cut straw to 1cm longer than width of straw
2. cut 2 and a half inch pieces of string
3. place bunched ends of string onto flag as shown (do not tape, i did in photo and the dart tail sucked)
4. roll flag tightly around string
5. insert assembly into straw point-first
Step 3: Finalizing
to finish these darts:
1. pull toothpick through straw so all the wooden part is exposed
2. apply a small amount of blu-tac to make a head and to fix the flag-pick to the straw
3. ensure that the straw is sealed at the front end by the blu-tac and that no blu-tac extends over the edge of the straw (this will create lots of friction between the tac and blowgun inside)
4. cut the tail to about an inch exposed
5. fire at a target!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.