Full credit to my inspiration
My versions: Smaller, no glue, no paperclips, just packing paper, sewing, and folding.
1. 5 "sheets" of packing paper (between perforations)
2. Sewing machine
Step 1: Fold Paper Into Strips
Make sure your creases are crisp now, it will make sewing easier.
Step 2: Sew the Strips
2. Sew other edge: Then turn the strip around and do the other edge. I liked sewing the free edges first, then the creased edges. Sew ALL 5 strips this same way.
Step 3: Cut Strips Into 2
3. Now you should have 10 shorter strips
2. Repeat: you need two of these.
3. I don't have a picture of this, but at this point it is best to fold your ring into a square shape. Fold the loop in half, unfold, then fold crease to crease. From the top, your ring will look like a square.
Step 5: Weave Bottom
2. The bottom of your basket will be a 3x3 array, weave the bottom by following a up, down pattern
3. Look at 3rd picture for reference
Step 6: Insert Ring for Basket Side
2. Drop the ring (squared) through these strips. Push all the way down.
Step 7: Insert Second Ring for Basket Side
2. Fold up the strips which are laying on the table
3. Hold it!
4. Put other ring (squared) over these strips
Step 8: Prepare for Ending Folds
2. Fold inner strips out
Step 9: Finishing: the Top of the Basket - the Method
2. Fold down, and note where on the strip, it meets the bottom of the upper ring (squared)
3. Fold along where it meets, hold that fold, and unfold at the top of the basket
4. Anything extending past the top of the basket is extra, Fold again at the top.
5. It'll look like a tiny tail
6. Tuck the whole thing under the top ring, and it will become invisible, and be very secure.
Step 10: Finishing: the Top of the Basket: (part 2)
2. I did all the outside strips first, then then insides
3. Pictures show how I did the inside, same method outlined in previous step
Step 11: Handles
2. Fold a little flap back into the top of the lower ring to secure it.
3. Repeat on the other side