In this instructable I'll teach you how to handsew your very own Robot plushie.
You know you want one!
Don't know how to sew? Not a problem. I can teach you!http://instructables.com/id/How-to-Sew./
Step 1: Shopping for supplies.
For this plushie, you will need:
- 1/2 yard of yellow fleece (get more if you're nervous.)
- yellow all-purpose thread to match fleece
- sewing needles
- nice scissors to cut the fleece
- a felt tip pen for marking out the pattern (a sharpie, if nothing else.)
- pins for pinning the pieces together
- fiberfill or another sort of stuffing
- felt for decoration/features - I chose red, yellow, gray and black.
- embroidery needle and yellow embroidery floss.
- Fabri-Tac fabric glue
- optional - a bit of cardboard to reinforce the butt.
- a nice, comfortable place to sit.
If you're unsure about what any of these are, please ask.
Step 2: Download the pattern.
As it states, you'll need the following the pieces:
- 4 arms
- 2 torsos
- 1 bottom
- 4 legs
- 1 "+" head piece
- 1 square head piece
- optional: one bottom circle to reinforce his butt!
We'll go over the proper way to cut these out of the fabric in the next step. :D
Try to print this pattern (it's 2 pages) on fairly thick paper, like cardstock, for cutting and pasting ease. Double click the images to go to their image page - download and print them out at the original size.