To make these pants you will need a few things:
1. Sewing Machine
2. Tape Measure and stiff ruler or straight edge
3. Marker/ Fabric Maker (I just use sharpies)
4. Fabric. About 1 1/2 yards for the pair I made. If you are larger than you will need more, smaller obviously needs less. I will mention at the beginning of this guide how to know how much fabric to buy.
5. string or ribbon or elastic for around the waste
7. A camera to show me your results!
Step 1: Getting Everything Together!
If you are just looking at the pattern and havent bought the fabric yet, here is how you can find out how much to buy.
First off, go ahead and use this guide to make up a pattern. That way you will know the length of your pants. DO NOT! Measure your leg and assume that is the length you will be working with. I put the pattern tutorial in here for a reason. After you have your pattern made, check the length of the straight edge on your pattern (including the crotch length). Most fabrics are between 44"-54" wide. If your length is shorter than 44", than you have it easy, just double the distance around the largest part of your leg (the same measurement used in the pattern) and get slightly more than that in fabric.
If that is too confusing then here is math. xD My leg is 23" around, I added 3" for comfort, so I double 26", giving me 52". So I need slightly more than 52" in fabric, since my length is short enought to use the width of fabric on a roll. I go ahead and get 1.5 yards and use the extra fabric to make a tie around the waist instead of elastic.
If your length is too long to use that trick, then you will need to do a little math to see how you can get the most for your dollar. My pants are fleece and cost me $4.
Now for the tutorial part! If anything at all is confusing, feel free to message me, or if you just need help with something. I will be glad to help.