Skills you don't need for this Instructable:
- Knowledge of electronics
- Knowing how to order stuff online
- Using a pair of scissors
- Ordering pizza
Step 1: What Do You Need?
- Batteries (2 x 1.5V)
- Heatshrinking tube
- RGB-led with an integrated colorchange circuit
- A container.
As container I used an acrylic pipe and two messing endcaps (used in plumbing). I used this materials cause I wanted a small waterproof container but you can use whatever you like.
A word about the batteries:
I used these batteries because I needed small ones to fit in my container. But you can use any batteries aslong as you don't exceed 3V (this way you don't need a resistor). Keep in mind that the life of your partylights depend on the mAh - rating of your batteries. The higher it is the longer you will be able to party.
Step 2: How to Make the Light?
- Put the 2 batteries on top of each other ( both facing the same way).
- Shrink some tube around them to make a little battery-pack.
- Add a small band of tube across the terminals to hold your led later.
- Add the led. the longest lead should go on the + terminal the shortest on - . The led should immediately start its sequence.
- Put your led in a container.