Step 1: What's an Avatar?
Sometimes users can choose from available avatars or upload one of their own design. It's good to know that avatars represents you on the internet, so be careful what image you choose.
Step 2: Hand Draw Image
Use a graphics editing program to make the background transparent or white. I use Adobe Photoshop to do this. Here's how:
1. Open your scanned picture
2. Use pen tool or Magnetic Lasso tool and outline your drawing. If you use Magnetic lasson tool when you finish with outlining go to Select - > Inverse
3. Press the delete button on your keyboard for transparent background or color with a color you like.
4. Save your picture with .PNG extension if the background is transparent.
5. Your image is ready to be uploaded.
Another idea is to invert colors. When you open the scanned picture go to Image - > Adjustments - > Invert
Step 3: Picture Avatar
Choose a picture or photo. Open with graphical program in my case - Photoshop. Go to Image - > Image size and enter the dimensions.
If your picture or photo is in rectangle form or if you like to take a part of the picture when you resize it open a new document with the dimensions you need. Copy the resize image there choose the part you like and save it to your hard drive.
Step 4: Avatar With Text
Open a new document with dimensions 200x200 pixels (most of the forums require this dimensions)
Choose a background color and type a text. Add some effects and the avatar is ready. You could make a picture avatar and add a text to it.
Step 5: Online Avatar
Step 6: Enjoy
Well I hope that I help you with this instructable:)