- 12"x12" base of wood
- 8"x3" slab of marble
- 10' Galvanized wire
- 8"x2" block of wood
- Alligator clips
- Small flashlight
Third hand magnifying glass (I'm sure any magnifying glass will work if you can attach it to the wire, but I had this and it was easy to use)
- Drill and drill bits
- Bolt cutters
Step 1: Drilling Wire Holes
- Drill holes in your preferred arrangement (for the wires). The holes should be 3/4 the depth of the wood. I did 5 equidistant holes int he front and one on each side in the back.
- Screw two screws (in opposite corners) into the wood with holes attaching it to the 12"x12" base wood.
Step 2: Glue Marble and Wires
- Using either epoxy or superglue, glue the marble to the base wood and let it dry so it doesn't move around.
- Cut the wire to your preferred length. I did five 1' wires and two 2' wires (for magnifying glass and flashlight).
- Using either epoxy or superglue, glue each wire into its respective hole.
Step 3: Adding Accessories
- Using either epoxy or superglue, glue the alligator clips to the ends of the wire.
- Take the magnifying glass off of the "third hand unit" and fasten it to its wire
- Using zip ties fasten the magnifying glass to its wire.
- Optional: add rubber feet to the bottom of the base wood.