With Instructables you can share what you make with the world and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
share step-by-step photos with text instructions
share one or more photos in one step quickly and easily
share your how-to video
Making "Cigarette Borek" from EmBoy on Vimeo. General name of this food is "Borek" (also depending on the nationality & language, it's called bure...
1) 3 egg yolks, 3 tablespoon of olive oil (extra virgin is better), half glass of water. Mix all together in a small bowl. 2) Chilie Powder & Salt. 3)...
Chop the half onion in to very small pieces.
1) Preheat 4 tablespoon of oil in medium size frying pan. (approx. 2 minutes on med. fire) 2) Pour chopped onion in to the hot oil and turn the fire d...
1) Add half pound of ground beef in to the cooked & chopped onion. 2) Add half spoon (small ice cream spoon) of chili powder and a half spoon of salt...
1) When both beef & onion cooked, they should look like this. 2) Pour cooked mixture in to another bowl, dish, etc. 3) Leave it for 10 minutes to cool...
1) Open the pack of phyllo dough. (each layer of dough is about 9" x 12") 2) Pick 3 layers of phyllo dough and fold them once to make it down to the ...
Apply, egg yolk - olive oil - water mixture equally on to surface of dough, like in the picture ( 2 or 3 table spoon of mixture will be enough for eac...
After you apply an egg yolk mixture equally on the surface of a dough, it should look like this.
1)Now you can apply cooled down beef filling with spoon. (1 and a half of tablespoon beef is enough for each Borek) 2)Keep the beef mixture together,...
1)Now you should have something like this. 2) I have approx. 2" of space right and left side of mixture.
1) Start wrapping. 2) Fold left part to the right about 2". Like in the picture. 3) Fold right part to the left about 2". Like in the picture.
You should have something like this.
Start rolling from close side to the far side from yourself. Like tobacco rolling.
Keep rolling until you get a shape of cigar.
1) When you finnish wrapping, you should have something like this. Cigar shaped borek. 2) Now it's ready to cook. 3) So, go ahead and make as many as ...
1) Once you reach certain amount of Boreks, you can start cooking.
1) Pour half of a small bottle canola oil in to medium size (10" wide) frying pan (1 small bottle contains 24 FLOZ (1.5PT) 710mL of oil) 2) Set the f...
1) Put your boreks slowly in to the hot oil. Like in the picture. 2) Cook them on their side about 1.5 minute. Then flip them carefully and cook their...
1) Quickly take them out of pan on to a piece of paper towel or a napkin. (paper absorbs oil around Boreks and it makes them even crispier. 2) Now you...
Tag files as:
Posted:Mar 25, 2010
Delicious Phyllo Dough Squares
Egg in a Basket with Shiitake Mushrooms
314 Layer Chocolate-Hazelnut Baklava Pi(e)
A Mummy Comes to the Party
Baklava's Best Friend
Easy Spanakopita - Spinach Pie
Simple "Any Kind of Dessert" Pastry Cream
Apple Brie Pastry
Department of Redundancy Department: Raspberry Pi Raspberry Pie
Quips, Travails and Braised Oxtails
Irrational Vegan Strawberry Strudel
Download our new apps for iOS and android!
PDF DownloadsAs a Pro member, you will gain access to download any Instructable in the PDF format.
You also have the ability to customize your PDF download.