Introduction: Making Drone Canopy Without Plastic Forming...
If you want to have nice plastic canopy for your drone or other RC,
usually u have to build it using plastic forming or at least heater with some base model usually from wood craft or other hard material…
what if u don’t have any of that, but u want to build it too…
well this is u have to prepare to do that…
- 0.30mm plastic mica (depend on our need)
- paint (u can use aerosol paint or acrylic paint)
- Pepakura Designer http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/download/in...
- 3D modeler (u can use 3D model for your design using 3Dmax or else)
- permanent marker
- adhesive tape
- cutter knife
- soldering iron
Now how to do it…
Step 1: Build Your Canopy Using 3D Modeler
Build it using the real scale of your canopy u want to build and save
it as .OBJ file, in this case i’m using 3Dmax to do it and this the result http://www.4shared.com/file/vTOYV5pVce/canopy.htm...
Step 2: Open Pepacura Software
Load the .OBJ on it, follow the instruction for no flip etc, then click
unfold and don’t forget to change the scale to 1 (it mean it will printed same scale as your 3D model).
Step 3: Click Unfold
The unfold result will be like this, u can adjust position of the paper as u want… after that print it…
Step 4: Assemble It
Assemble all the printed paper as one and place on flat surface...
Step 5: Prepare Your 0.30mm Mica Hard Plastic
- Place your 0.30mm mica on top of the pattern, and secure it with adhesive tape on the corner.
- Mark every corner of the pastern using permanent marker so u not wrong in cut it later.
- After that cut it using cutter knife and scissor
Step 6: Soldering the Join
After u cut just like the pattern, now u can fold and stick the plastic join, and u don’t have to use glue on it. just soldering iron.
Step 7: Canopy Result Before Paint...
Now u have complete form of u’r canopy… and ready to paint...
Step 8: Paint It...
Paint it using aerosol paint or acrylic paint and put some accessories... and finally u can place it on your drone or RC
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.