Introduction: Making Golems in Minecraft
Minecraft Golems can help you attack and defend against enemies. There are two types: Snow Golems and Iron Golems.
Step 1: Tether and Lead
Golems tend to just wander around. To keep them nearby you can either lead them around with a lead, tether them to a post with a lead or even block them in with a fence.
* Be careful about putting them next to each other as the Iron Golem can hit anything nearby and will kill your Snow Golems with 1 hit. It is better to keep them away from each other.
- 4 Snowballs = 1 Block of Snow
9 Iron Ingots = 1 Iron Block
Step 2: Snow Golem
Facts about Snow Golems
- Create by stacking 2 Snow Blocks with 1 Pumpkin on top
- Will drop a few Snowballs when destroyed
- Leaves a trail of snow wherever it walks which can then be harvested for more snowballs
- Attacks enemies by throwing snowballs but this does not do any damage to them (except for Blazes but Snow Golems don't do well in the Nether), they mostly distract the monsters so you can attack and kill them
- Will be damaged by water, rain quickly kills it
- Take damage in hot biomes such as Deserts, Savannah, Jungles and Mesas
- Won't attack Creepers or hostile Wolves
Step 3: Iron Golem
Facts about Iron Golems
- Create by stacking 2 Iron Blocks and putting 1 Iron Block on either side of the top Iron Block, top it with a Pumpkin (made with a total of 4 Iron Blocks and 1 Pumpkin)
- Will only drop a few Iron Ingots and Poppies when killed
- Can appear naturally in Villages and will protect the Villagers, will stay near a village if natural spawned there or if you created one there
- Naturally occurring Iron Golems will attack you if you attack them
- Attacks by swinging their arms and hitting enemies
- Won't attack Creepers
- Can pick up, and will give, Poppies to Villagers
Step 4: More Minecraft
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.
Snow golems can be utilized in a snowball farm. Just put them into a cage that you can access at the bottom. Craft a diamond shovel (the fastest one) and enchant it with efficiency 5 to mine the snow very fast. Add a haste 2 beacon and you'lle be mining at light speed!