What better way to celebrate than with some tasty, tasty gummies?
And what better gummies to eat than your own Zombie Ninja Robot Kitten Assassin?
Problem is, you're on a budget and can't afford the latest in gummy-tech.
Not a problem!
In this Instructable we'll walk through the steps to prepare your model, transfer it to make a molding blank, form the mold, and make a gummy. You are on your own for how to enjoy them.
As a fan of The Elder Scrolls, I wanted to start with a good starting monster, the rat. Now it would be unfair to just rip off their model, so I made my own spin on it as a fun cartoon mouse.
Once you have your idea, you will need the following tools (or equivalents) (see the last image):
- A block of wood at least slightly larger in all directions than your model. I prefer balsa wood as it is inexpensive and easy to carve.
- Access to a laser printer or photocopy machine. In a pinch try the local library for a copier.
- An iron (the kind you use to iron clothes)
- Tape (masking, duct, Scotch, etc...)
- A wood cutting tool. I used a Dremel 565 Multipurpose Cutting Kit on my off-brand "Dremel Style" rotary tool. Alternates include:
- A router (or router attachment for your tool)
- A milling machine
- A router, end mill, or rotary tool cutting bit in a drill press
- Non-toxic acrylic paint
- Several bowls and spoons
- A paper plate
- Wire whisk or fork
- Corn starch
- A microwave
- Gummy candy in your favorite flavor (any shape)
- Light food oil (olive, vegetable, canola, etc...)
- Pearl nonpareils or other decorations