So, you just finished designing a sweet Water Elemental for Skyrim
, Zombie Mook for Half-Life 2
, Mutant Bunny for Fallout 3
, or whatever other game
will give this Instructable a lot of Google hits.
What better way to celebrate than with some tasty, tasty gummies?
And what better gummies to eat than your own Zombie Ninja Robot Kitten Assassin?
Problem is, you're on a budget and can't afford the latest in gummy-tech.
Not a problem!
In this Instructable we'll walk through the steps to prepare your model, transfer it to make a molding blank, form the mold, and make a gummy. You are on your own for how to enjoy them.
As a fan of The Elder Scrolls, I wanted to start with a good starting monster, the rat. Now it would be unfair to just rip off their model, so I made my own spin on it as a fun cartoon mouse
Once you have your idea, you will need the following tools (or equivalents) (see the last image):
- A block of wood at least slightly larger in all directions than your model. I prefer balsa wood as it is inexpensive and easy to carve.
- Access to a laser printer or photocopy machine. In a pinch try the local library for a copier.
- An iron (the kind you use to iron clothes)
- Tape (masking, duct, Scotch, etc...)
- A wood cutting tool. I used a Dremel 565 Multipurpose Cutting Kit
on my off-brand "Dremel Style" rotary tool. Alternates include:
- A router (or router attachment for your tool)
- A milling machine
- A router, end mill, or rotary tool cutting bit in a drill press
- Non-toxic acrylic paint
- Several bowls and spoons
- A paper plate
- Wire whisk or fork
- Corn starch
- A microwave
- Gummy candy in your favorite flavor (any shape)
- Light food oil (olive, vegetable, canola, etc...)
- Pearl nonpareils or other decorations